If you can not find your answers here use the help links at the bottom of the page
A virtual.aistats.org login and a AISTATS 2021 registration are required to access the content. Everyone is expected to follow the Code of Conduct.
Navigating the Website
All of AISTATS 2021 will be accessed through the main webpage. You can access all parts of the conference using the top menu bar. Check the Schedule to get an overview when the live sessions for all events are taking place. You can navigate all the papers in the Papers section: you can search for titles and authors or look through all papers by skimming titles and bookmark them.
We encourage everyone to visit the sponsor hall just like you would at the physical conference. The sponsors have job listings, demonstrations, and chats ready for you.
All attendees with a registration will automatically have access to Rocket.Chat, a separate Rocket.Chat account is not need. If you have problems with Rocket.Chat try refreshing the page. If that does not work try logging out and then logging back in.
Each session has a Rocket.Chat channel. Questions for the speakers should be posted there. Other participants that are also interested in the question can comment on the post to increase its visibility. Eventually the moderator will select questions to ask the speaker. Speakers will be able to continue answering questions on Rocket.Chat after the end of their talk for approximately one hour.
There is a HelpDesk channel in Rocket.Chat where you can post any conference support questions
- Full Screen Mode
You can run Rocket.Chat in Full Screen Mode which lists all the channels you've visited. To go to Full Screen Mode click on the Full [ ] icon in the top right corner. When prompted select Authenicate with OAuth and then click the blue Authorize button in the Authorize Rocket.Chat window
- Desktop Client
You can also use the desktop client which provides better notification. You can download the desktop client for your platform here. When you run it enter the server URL: https://chat.aistats.org. You may be prompted to log into virtual.aistats.org. After you log in select Authenicate with OAuth and then click the blue Authorize button in the Authorize Rocket.Chat window
- Each event has a live stream on the top of the page that you can watch during and after the presentation.
- Finished videos will be available after the conference.
- The live stream
- Watch the video we used for NeurIPS on how to use GatherTown
- GatherTown can be used on a laptop or desktop using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave or Firefox.
- The first time you visit GatherTown you will need to login, use the same email that you use for virtual.aistats.org
- For internet speeds, we recommend 10 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload
- GatherTown requires access to your camera and microphone
- GatherTown has a lobby where you can hang out
AISTATS Poster Sessions
The poster sessions will be held in GatherTown. Watch the video above for a tutorial.
- There are several mentoring sessions. The goal is to enable mentorship opportunities for researchers in machine learning, both as mentors and mentees, with a special focus on under-represented minorities. You can Sign up here
- For technical difficulties, please contact #HelpDesk on Rocket.Chat or use this form.
- If you have problems with Rocket.Chat try refreshing the page and if that does not work try logging out and then logging back in.
- If you have concerns related to your inclusion at that conference, or observe someone else's difficulties, or have any other concerns related to inclusion, please use this form.